Wednesday, August 11, 2010

How do you cope with severe jealousy?

When I was a preteen, I had a lot of issues with my appearance and I was totally insecure and awkward around most people. I grew up and got to the point where I'm happy with who I am and ignore negative remarks. But in the last couple of months, my insecurities have been coming back.


We just got a new employee a couple on months ago. Until now, I've been the one my boss trusts the most. My boss always came to me with everything he needed, relied on me and made me his assistant. I felt really important and secure. Also, I was the ';hot'; one at work and got lots of attention. But this new employee is driving me nuts and shaking my confidence. Everyone thinks he's SO hot, its like I don't exist. People actually ignore me like I'm not there and push towards him. My boss has been giving him tasks that used to be mine. Just today, I asked if I could have a certain assignment, and he said no because the new guy was better suited for it! (Even though my boss tells me the new guy has no clue what he's doing and I just got a raise!)


The new guy is really nice and I get along with him fine. Its not like he's taking attention from me on purpose. But I just feel so ugly, worthless and low right now...how do I stop feeling like this? I feel so bad right now, I've even been considering that death is better than this, but whenI really think about how ridiculous that sounds, I just feel worse. Can anybody help me?How do you cope with severe jealousy?
Well, sooner or later, your boss will realize that they new guy isn't really all that great. He'll miss YOUR great working skills.


Everyone loves a new person. :)


It's a change from the old.


You are NOT worthless, or ugly, this guy is just someone new!


Keep doing what you do, and don't let it get you down.How do you cope with severe jealousy?
He is new don't worry about it. It will subside. When something is new people are OMG about it. It doesn't mean your uglier.





Just wait and be glad your in the hotness train together!

No comments:

Post a Comment