Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What Do You Do When You Get Jealous?

everyone has a different way of coping with jealousy.


i don't get jealous easily...but when i do...i criticize myself a whole lot and fix myself up til i feel more comfortable being around them, people im jealous of im not mean to them, i usually cheer them on.


because i just picture having what they have and how i wouldn't want know on to hate me for no reason.


then finally i get happy with my self on my own terms.


i HATE when people hate me for no reason...so yeah.


besides im christian, and though being jealou is a natrual emotion...we are supposed to keep it under control, i think i do well.





soo my questions are





When your jealous do you ';blow your top'; or keep your feelings inside?





When your jealous are you mean or rude to the person that you are feelign this towards even if you don't notice?





when your jealous do people tend to notice?





when your jealous do you beat yourself up?





anything else?What Do You Do When You Get Jealous?
What you explain sound a little more like envy and not jealousy. Jealousy is present in relationships, you know when you get jealous because someone is talkin to or flirtin with your man or woman. You didn't mention a significant other, so are you just talking about friends or people you know. Envy is when you like things that others have and you want them for yourself or you wish you could have those things, qualities, ect. which seems a little more of what you describe... but Im gonna answer your questions referring to jealousy with a significant other.





I try not to ';blow my top off'; but I don't keep my feeling inside either. When I start to feel jealous, instead of initially reacting to the feeling, I try to take a step back and examine further why I am feeling jealous. A lot of times jealously has a lot more to do with ourselves than the actual other person or situation. I ask myself, did something happen that my significant other could not really avoid or did he/she cross the line. If it was something unavoidable then the issue is with me, either feeling insecure or whatever it may be, then I try to take some time out to work on my self esteem and self worth. If it was something that I felt was crossing the line then I will make my feelings known, but in a caring, compassionate way. I don't advise expressing those feelings when you are initially angry bc then you tend to over react and say things you don't really mean, which is sometimes harder to go back on once you've said.





I am only rude or mean to my significant other when I feel like it is something we have talked about before and they know that such and such bothers me yet they do it anyway. I am never rude or mean to the other person, bc if your sig, other cares about you he/she is the one to blame when they know it is something that bothers u. However, if it is the first time it has come up, then no I am not rude or mean, I don't feel like anything is accomplished by being this way.What Do You Do When You Get Jealous?
i keep it inside.but i say in my mind that they are stupid,bad and etc.i'll not say coz i'll get violation report.
No, when I'm jealous I keep it all inside, I don't want them to know.





Example:


A couple of month ago I broke up with my bf, I immediately felt this was a mistake, but i didn't tell anyone. Then my friend told me that they were passing notes and she said that he liked him and he told her he liked him too. I said, ';That's great!'; and I pretended that I thought everything about them was great. But inside I was dieing. Then, he broke up with her because it turns out that he still liked me (which made me happy, but I didn't tell her of course). I decided to wait a month before I asked him out again, so that she didn't suspect anything.





So, obviously, I don't tell people when I'm jealous because I don't want to hurt their feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment