Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Problem with jealousy/anxiety?

My girlfriend and I go to school an hour apart.We've been apart for a year now, and only have until next June for both of us to be finished with school. So far we've done fairly well.





My problem is that I get incredibly jealous. I hate her roommate and think that she's an incredibly bad influence. When she does things with her roommate, I get angry. It's not something I plan to do, I can just feel my blood boil. It's bad enough they live together, let alone go and do stuff.





It's gotten to the point that in order to avoid fights, my girlfriend doesn't tell me when they do stuff -- in which I find out later and get mad she didn't tell me. My girlfriend has a lot she needs to work on, but so do I.





I told her I'm going to work on correcting this problem. What can I do so that she can tell me without me getting stressed out about it? How do you cope with something you feel you have no control over?Problem with jealousy/anxiety?
Jealousy comes from one of only two sources: Trust issues or low self-worth. If she's given you a reason not to trust her, than you two have to work on that. If that's not the issue, then you have to fix your own problem, and keep her out of it. Do not make your problems her problems. If you've got issues, unless you want to lose her, keep her out of 'em. Period.Problem with jealousy/anxiety?
Wow, boys deal with feelings of jealousy, too? Interesting. You can't control how you feel, but you can control how you react to those feelings. Think of how your girlfriend must be feeling when/if you go off on her about doing stuff with her roommate. The more you do this, the further you will push her away. If you love her, you will give her some freedom. If she loves you, she will come back to you everytime. If not, move on...Better things will come.
Normal people have friends.Your girlfriend isn't going to like all of your friends.So just chill out and leave it be.To me,it sounds like you just have extreme jealousy problems,in which you could work out with some sortof doctor/phsycologist/therapist.
Life is full of bigger problems - if you two are meant to be, then it will work out in the end.





Jealously is common but you have to trust her.

No comments:

Post a Comment