Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Does anyone deal with sibling jealousy or envy?

My siblings are all successful in their jobs right now and I envy them for what they have. A lot of times I wish I had what they have. I feel, sometimes, that I'll never be able to reach to where they are. Does anyone have any advice on how to cope?Does anyone deal with sibling jealousy or envy?
I love my stupid sister and all her stupid annoying phrases, and the way everything she says makes me want to run away screaming. I mean, that kind of love is what makes the freaking world go round ain't it?Does anyone deal with sibling jealousy or envy?
Your jealousy will stunt you from achieving goals. You can take pride in for yourself. If you set goals and keep your eye on them in front of you, then you will keep walking in that direction. If when you walk , you are always looking over your shoulder, or at someone else, you will not move forward, and everyone will pass you by, or worse you will just keep falling on your face. Prayer will help relieve these feelings of jealousy, and also daily observance of all the wonderful things in your life to be grateful for. When we are grateful for our blessings we are naturally happy.
I have 6 siblings and I evny none, respect them for what they have and what they can do.
Focus on yourself, dear. It's never too late to start changing your life. Start to acknowledge on whatever good things you have and thank God for that. Im sure you do have qualities or skills that your siblings doesn't have.
I couldn't tell you. My mother and stepfather have picked my sister over me from day1. Matter of fact, I just told my mother how she can rott in hell and that she's nothing but a piss pore mother! Sorry I can't help, but good luck!
your time will come shylady.


if your siblings are all rich and wealthy, then so what. you should happy for them. im sure you are. you shouldnt compare yourself to them. they have their ways of getting rich. you have your way of living your life. if your not rich now then you wil be later on.


like i said. your time will come soon.


The Lord has your future planned out already. you will be successfull in your way. just have paitence and peace.


good luck and god bless you
Just be happy with what you have. My brother and sister both have three story homes and I have a 1 level. But we are happy with what we have and with what we can afford right now.... Livin on Love
everyone walks their own path. i know it sounds like a cop-out but it's true. your experiences have led you elsewhere, %26amp; chances are you are very skilled in things your siblings aren't. to quote baz luhrman -- ';don't spend any time on jealousy. the race is long, %26amp; in the end, it's only with yourself.'; be happy with what you are %26amp; where you've been.
Be yourself, pursue your own dreams, quit worrying about what others do and/or have. But, if you insist on having what others have than get up off of your butt and do something about it.
no
I, too have some very successful siblings. They have great jobs and make good money. They work very hard for it, too. I know it's hard --especially when they talk about their trips and all the gadgets and gizmos they buy.





As for coping, I tell myself, I am o.k., too. I don't make a lot of money, but I have money in the bank (not much), a roof over my head, and family that loves and cares about me.





Are your working in a job right now? Do you have a college education? Perhaps, you can work on some goals- like taking computer courses to improve your outlook and job prospects. Just take a few to see if you like it.





Also, volunteer somewhere. You will feel needed and wanted.


You have some special talents .... can you find a way to use those to help you over some over these conflicts?





You may also want to consider talking to a counselor. What you are going through is very typical of families. The counselor may be able to give you some ideas of how to get over some of these obstacles.





You care worth it and you can do it!
just do on how u well u can achieve. dont compare with how well ur siblings do. If you can do this much today to alittle better tomorrow . alittle a day make a mountain someday. all the best dearest.
i dont know, but my sister is a ***** to me because she doesnt ever want to help me out if i need something (like watching my daughter) because she feels i already have it good enough, why should she want to make things any easier for me. shes a nasty, bitter little thing %26amp; that looks really ugly %26amp; pathetic on a person. so, if you dont want to come across as ugly, nasty, bitter %26amp; pathetic I suggest you shake that attitude.
It's OK to wish to be like someone in some cases, or to want to have what they have, try to reach it, or just be patient. but in God's name don't try to destroy them. don't wish that they would no longer have that benefit.
you envy them....do you think that they don't envy you.......they have so called successful jobs and what??? do they enjoy their lives???? are they nice people????? i could go on and on....i'm sure there is some aspect of your life that they envy....you might be surprised........





i have 3 brothers, and 1 sister.....and at some point we are all jealous and envious of the other......
I guess I did my whole life, and still to a certain extent, but I'm more jealous about how my sister always seemed to be loved more by my parents and still is as an adult (they even by her a new car every couple of years, but won't even help me buy a used one, stuff like that still gets to me). My advice to you is to try really hard to stop comparing yourself to them, and work at making your own life a success. If you are going through life trying to best your siblings, then you won't succeed. If you are going through life trying to be successful and happy, then things will fall into place for you. Good Luck.
Stop spending sooo much time being jealous!!! Ask them to help you, there achievements should motivate you not discourage you. Are you a hater? Are you handicap? If not get off your sorry a** and do something no one likes a jealous envious loser, grow up dummy. Who really cares LOSER?
well, concidering that mine is the oppisite gender, and 7 years older,


not much.
when they get jealous they make my stuff into **** and says';im not jealous any more ';and they laugh...oh...did i beat the crap out of them...=)
well, I don't think what you are feeling is jealousy or envy, I think you're not happy with what you have achieved so far and that frustrates you because you see what your other siblings have, It is perfectly normal...believe me sibling rivalry is worst than that. Just take them as an example, as what you wanna be or have some day, see...people in general are different, we achieve different things at our own pace, may be your goals have been a little hard and slow to get but you will make it eventually. Be proud of yourself and move one step at a time.
you are different people and you will achieve different things then them so dont worry about it...im sure you siblings are jealous of you in some capicaty...im always jealous of my sister but then i realize i have things she never will so she should be jealous of me
Don't worry about what they have get up and get what you want.
no jealous or envy just hate ... haha seriously
NO!!!That's Just S-A-D!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment