Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Overcoming Jealousy?:[?

Ive been with my boyfriend for a few months now. Were inlove. He's never done in anything to harm me or hurt my feelings. It's my ex. I put all my trust in him, and he broke myheart. I got over the broken heart thank god. But what he has scared me with, is severe trust issues. I love my boyfriend. I KNOW he lovesme. He shows he is committed to me 100%. He is dying to have my trust. Because i am so easily jealous. Him texting another girl drives me insane. Everytime i feel like something is threatening our relationship, i become sick. Its not healthy :[ He knows im a jealous person, and hes working on not being a flirt, if i work on trusting him. But i cant help it :[ If he wont respond, then stupid thoughts like ';What if hes with her'; come up. No. Thats dumb. But it still hurts that i could think that. How do i cope with this :\Overcoming Jealousy?:[?
Fist off, all relationships that we have leave their mark on us. They create hang ups and issues that can and usually do effect the relationship we are currently in. Your best bet is to talk to him about this. If these are really his friends, then maybe you should get to know them too. go out as a group, or maybe the next time you have a girls night invite them along too. (after you have hung out with them a couple of times.) The mystery of the situation, may prove more hurtful than the truth, and getting to know these girls will prob make you understand why he is friends with them, ad why he is with you.





I have alot of guys friends, and have been on the other end of this issue many times. YOu can't control the fact you feel jealous. What you can control is how you act. Jealousy is like any emotion it can be good or bad for you. It lets you know something is wrong and needs to be fixed. If you suppress it and ignore it, it will only get worse and eat at you and your relationship. When you address the underlying issue, in this case he is texting other girls (a behavior i take it similar to your ex) and speak to him about it calmly an nonconfrontationally, likely a solution can be reached. For my s/o, the easiest route was leaving everything in the open. All conversations are had in front of him. he has met and hangs out with all my guy friends. And, when i talk to them, generally i share the conversations with him, (it may be a case of generalizing if it is something uber personal.. like john was have some girlfriend issues and needed a shoulder is usually enough.)





Lastly, I have learned one thing over the years. Usually if my instincts continue to go off, even when i have talked it over. Or if he seems resistant,or defensive, usually that means something is up. Women have an uncanny ability to tell when something is wrong, sometimes when they themselves can't put a finger on what it is. That gut instinct is always right, trust it. It took me 30 years to learn that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment