Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I cope with jealousy and turn it positive?

There's a woman who is very special to me. Every time I discover she's spending time with someone else I get very jealous. What are the ways to cope with jealousy and to make it into something positive? The feeling is absolutely terrible and acute, and doesn't last very long. I am finding I can just rationalize the situation and feel better, but it's so energy consuming to have to do that so often. Is there some preventative measure, and some positive expression for this tricky emotion?How can I cope with jealousy and turn it positive?
Try finding something to focus your energy into.


You're worrying about being jealous, so if you happen to become slightly jealous. You're blowing it out of proportion. Everyone gets jealous sometimes.


Find something you like to do and do it everyday. Even involve your chick. Then you'll be getting your mind of of the unnecessary worries...and you'll feel positive after realizing you can accomplish something.


I find it works better to make something.


I make collages.


But hey, whatever you want.





=]How can I cope with jealousy and turn it positive?
Instead of getting bitter or angry and wanting to lash out because of the jealousy, you could try to instead do something to show her that you care about her. I would also explain how you feel to her so she knows what's going on, and tell her how you're trying to deal with it. (Though I don't know if she knows how special she is to you?)





Communication in relationships, whatever the kind of relationship, is pretty important, and talking about the situation might make you feel a lot better.
Jealousy is a symptom of insecurity. You really need to focus on your own self worth first. If this woman rejected you for another man, would you die? No, you would not. Therefore, it is not anything to be overly concerned (jealous) about. You must not put your self worth into how someone else views or treats you. Jealousy normally drives away the people that are worth having. Remember that 50% of the world are of the opposite sex. Therefore, there is always someone else out there for you. Trust her. If she betrays your trust, it was not meant to be.
I recommend you check out this social networking community called LetsReflect.com. There are people there going through situations similar to yours. They are great for advice and encouragement.





The process of Self Reflection has truly changed my life鈥?here鈥檚 my profile. http://www.letsreflect.com/profile.php?u鈥?/a>





The trick is staying positive and surrounding yourself with positive people. You are capable of great things! I believe in you. Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment