Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I cope with my jealousy?

I admit I'm jealous of one of my best friend's personal magnetism and just the fact people seem to relate to him better. We are both introverts, decent looking/acting people, and nice people as a whole, but he seems to attract better attention than I do.





He's full latino and I'm mixed latin/white, but it seems people of every race take to him well (mainly other latins) while they just look at me and throw me to the side, meanwhile most people just don't seem to care when it comes to me. I've tried connecting with all kinds of people (of all races, personalities, types, etc...) but most people just seem to be more attracted to his energy better than mine. I admit that since we hang out a lot it hurts me sometimes, especially that I'm dealing with low self esteem and feeling kind of low in my life right now.





There's times I honestly want to end our friendship because of it. I know its not good to feel this way, but is it right/normal to feel like this? If not how can I improve?How can I cope with my jealousy?
Don't end your friendship with him, because you feel bad about yourself!





I know exactly how you feel! I felt the same way about my bestfriend we're both introverts too, so I of course, found it strange that people took better to her than me. Anyway I almost ended it with her, and then I learned that I couldn't cope with her being out of my life in a healthy way.





Bottom line, I found myself some SELF ESTEEM! Whoa!! It changed my life!! Sure people didn't take to me the way I wanted them too, because I have piercings and a funny hair cut lol. They'd totally pre-judge me, but now I don't give a damn! If people don't want to talk to me Im fine with that because I know that when I look in the mirror I see a gorgeous lil thang inside and out lol!





All I had to do was accept my flaws, and that Im just not meeting the right people for me!





Take heed to this, it will literally change your life.





By the way..No one is throwing you to the side..your letting yourself get pushed by you mentally. By creating this illusion in your head that people are pushing you to the side, and that no one cares for you..eventually no one will. Your the only one that you can count on in this world. Not to put too much pressure on you, but don't let yourself down this way.How can I cope with my jealousy?
Don't concentrate so much on whats going on with him. Its time you start finding who you are. You are a person that has alot to offer this world. Don't assume that his life is better than yours because of attention. You don't know what he carries in his heart. Focus on you and what you want. If you want a better life then go for it, but not by looking at how other people get it. Find you own way. Be patient with yourself. It will all fall into place. Good luck and God Bless. Live in Peace.
Do people treat you this way whether or not he's around? If they are then you have some issues that you need to deal with. You can either get help (therapy) to help you pinpoint where the negative energy stems from and work on it, or you can learn to accept the cards you were dealt.


Have you tried to look at the situation objectively to see why he is more popular? You wrote that you were jealous. It means that you want to take what he has. Would you be able to sustain it if you did. You need to change from jealousy to envy, which means to want something for yourself as well. There is nothing wrong with that unless you try to blame other people for it.
i'm very jealous of my best friend too, don't worry. just deal with it, and don't worry. just let it happen and know you can't change anything about yourself or them.
Wow, it's very same with me! I have a friend and she's the girlfriend of my friend guy I like! But mine is the worst! Well just don't focus and act like your so proud of him! Control your emotion! and you should deal with it think that ';okay I have my own, and he have his own'; and then you'll feel happy, feel so confident and you can cope with it
  • natural hair
  • imitation necklace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment