Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to fight jealousy and step family rivalry?

I get very jealous of everyone and anyone. I try and see all negative points of everything but am generally a happy person and no one knows I do this. I am happy for people around me when something good happens for then but I can't help but feel jealous. I feel that at home my siblings get more financial help than I do. I live with my dad, sister, step mum and her 2 daughters therefore there is alot of rivalry between the families as we are close in age (14,15,16,18) and all girls. I do not get on with my step mum but she doesn't know how I feel as I am not the sort of person to make a scene I just keep quiet. I have tried talking to her about what she does that upsets me but she doesn't listen and always tells me that I will never understand and she never wanted this to happen (i.e. have a step family) and she thinks her daughters are perfect and cannot see that when they say they are going to the cinema they are actually out drinking and smoking bearing in mind the daughter in question is only 15. I am 18 so its so frustrating. Luckily I am off to uni in September but I would just like some advice on how to cope with my situation as I know I am not the only one in a sticky situation with a step family.


Thank youHow to fight jealousy and step family rivalry?
Speak to your dad! He should have more love for you than for anyone else (including his new wife). It might be hard having an honest chat with a father, after all they seem to be so strong and unemotional, but it isn't true. Daughters always melt the ice in them and they become tender and sweet and stand up to protect you from everyone! You are actually lucky you have a step mom, not a step dad. A man never really learns to love someone else's child as much as his owen. Besides, he is the man of the family and if he is on your side, so will the rest of the family be... And we'll see who will be jealous then ;)How to fight jealousy and step family rivalry?
wow that is a tricky situation. i think u should tell ur family how u feel for the start, maybe theyll understand. also u can try proving that u r more responsible that ur stepsiblings ( not sure how, sory) good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment