Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to cope with a break in a relationship?

My boyfriend and I decided that we needed to have a fresh start in our relationship due to arguments that have recently been occurring. We maintain that we love each other and care for each other a lot and it was a difficult decision to make because of that. I know in this time I need to personally work on my problems in the relationship (my jealousy and tendency to get very upset at times) while he needs to work on his (his quick temper and sometimes thoughtlessness).





We aren't seeing each other for a month but I need some tips on how to cope with this? How often should I text/call him? How can I deal with the fact that he may decide he doesn't want to be with me after all? And any other tips on how I can cope with missing him would be useful?How to cope with a break in a relationship?
I really dont think that breaks are a good idea and can make the problems in a relationship worse rather than better. This is because none of the problems/issues tend to get resolved and if you do get back together afterwards those problems are still going to be there. Also the uncertainty of not knowing how the relationship is going to work out can cause some serious insecurities in a person.


I would talk to him now rather than in a months time and address the relationship and whether or not you think being together is best for you. You should work on your problems together rather than separately so that you end up with a strong and happy relationship.





I hope it works out for you, I know what it's like to be in a problematic relationship. Luckily me and my boyfriend have confronted our issues and are very very happy after almost a year together :)How to cope with a break in a relationship?
Look at this as an opportunity to reimburse yourself into the single life without doing anything with another guy. Go out and party, hang out with friends, but all the while learn why you are jealous.Is he doing something to provoke jealousy, or are you just insecure. Just remember that you can only change you, and that if you guys get back together after the break and things are still bad, then you have to break up.
I'm sort of in the same boat, but with mine, we just broke it off and haven't spoken to each other in over 2 weeks....no texting, e-mail, nothing!!! My advice is to cut off all contact for a month. It will be tough, but your love will most likely grow stronger because of it
It's not a break if you're still calling/texting each other. You may as well be together still fighting b/c it won't accomplish anything.
hmmm...well to me breaks make no sense. if you guys really love each other like you say you would not need a break. but to answer your question i would try to keep myself busy if i were you. dont have alot of free time to think. dont call/text often...make him miss you. yeah you should definatley kill your jealousy most of all. just remember there is no need to be jealous of anyone...IF SOMEONE CAN TAKE HIM FROM YOU THEN YOU DONT NEED HIM IN YOUR LIFE...if my girlfriend wanted to get drunk with a million single guys i would tell her to go for it. because if she really loves me nothing would happen so i have nothing to worry about. (she wouldnt do that anyway but thats beside the point) all jealousy will do is **** a realtionship up...same goes for his thoughtlessness.
I don't want to sound mean but be careful about going on a break sometimes you never get back together. I know it didn't work with me and my ex, we split for 2 weeks didn't see each other and when i saw him again al my feelings of love had disappeared he was more like a friend while he was left devestated cos i said we would get back together - a promise you cant keep.





If you love him so much you should be with him every relationships have ups and downs, it's what makes it so exciting. And to be honest you can't work on jelously if you have no bf it's something that occurs only in that situation - its natural to get jelous but just make your not possessive or too jealous that he can't talk/go out without you.





Btw men are always thoughtless one of their many traits lol and everyone has a temper but as long as he doesnt hit you it's something that will get better with age as he learns to control his emotions - like you and getting upset it will get better with age.





Haha god i sound depressing - dont mean to at all. I have a bf despite my negativity - just don't want you to make the same mistake i made with my ex - if we didnt split because of his drinking etc etc then i would have still been with him.





Good luck anyway i hope it all works out hun


..X..

No comments:

Post a Comment