Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Please help me I can't manage my jealousy.?

Serious answers only please. I live with my boyfriend of 4 years and we generally have a good relationship but I am so jealous if he has contact with other women. Now he wants to join a squash league and I am terrified about him playing with other women I know this is wrong but how do I cope. I am currently out of work and depressed and fat so I think he won't like me much longer but he always says he loves me. Help.Please help me I can't manage my jealousy.?
You jealousy comes from your insecurities so change that do a little light exercise at home and watch what you eat have yourself looking beautiful so he won't get unattracted. Feel better about yourself stand tall as a woman let your man know you trust him. Look at it this way can your jealousy stop him from cheating on you if he wants to (NO) so why bother yourself and be unhappy it only adds wrinkles and another thing when you try to hold back your man the more he will want to cheat on you because accusing someone wrongfully gets them angry. Your man loves you most important find a hubby keep occupied so you won't have to get upset.Please help me I can't manage my jealousy.?
I used to struggle with jealousy as well. When I was in college I didn't have a grilfriend and I was jealous of everyone who did, ever guys would were dating girls that I didn't like. Eventually, I couldn't stand it anymore. I began praying to God that he would take it away. Every time I got jealous, I prayed. One day I realized, hey, I don't get jealous anymore. Since then, it hasn't been a problem. You mentioned that you live with your boyfriend - I don't know if this applies to your relationship, but the other day I was reading an article and the guy was talking about how everytime he started having sex with his girlfriend, 2 things would happen: 1. He would lose respect for her. 2. She would lose trust in him. As I thought about this it began to make sense to me. I became a Christian in college and by God's grace I made it thru college without having sex. I began to think about why my wife trust me. I was a virgin when we got married. I was comitted to her before we met, so now that we are married, she has no reason to think that I won't be committed to her in the future. I don't know where you are in the relationship with God, but from my prespective, issues such as this always come back to a spritual need. In case you haven't heard before, the Bible says that we are are all sinners and have all done things contray to what God wants us to do. God gave us the 10 commandments and we have all violated them. The penality is eternal seperation from God. However, God has made a way for us. Jesus, lived a sinless life. He sacrificed his life for us and paid the penality for our sins. We now have the choice to accept this gift or reject it. If we accept it, we will spend eternity with God, if we reject it, we will spend eternity seperated from God. I hope you consider this.
Do you trust him? Because if you don't honestly why stick around, because trust is everything in a relationship. You can control your depression, get out and do something for yourself. Why depress your self over thoughts you feel as if you can't control. As corny as it sounds exercising helps. There is no reason to be depressed over issues you have the power of controlling. Do for you. Don't sit around and be depressed over thoughts. Good luck and God Bless.
be confident, jealousy is not a turn on to most men. try to relax and not let things get to you. when you are feeling jealous about a person try changing your feelings by saying something nice about them.
It sounds like your self esteem might be a bit shattered. Jealousy can be a sign of insecurity. You need to get yourself something to do...as he has...the more extreme the jealousy gets the more you may push him away...unintentionally but it may happen. Work on your esteem and find something you can do that is worthwhile. Even some part time work just to get your confidence back. GO FOR IT!!! All the best for 2007!!!
u love him deeply.it is a natural feeling on your part.but dont behave foolish rather express your fear and share the uncertain feelings with him
i kinda have to deal with the same thing. I'm jealous because it's natural but I've become extra jealous when he helps another girl in the street. I even got jealous yesterday when I went to the movies with him and his daugther because he let go off my hand for like a few second but still held her hand. I told him that I should be treaten the SAME. now, if you feel fat and you dont work and that is making you depressed GO TO RUN, that will be a good therapy and a killer work out! once you have confidence in yourself you wont be as jealous as you are.


I'm jealous of his daughter but things are getting better and he finally understood why i was being jealous. this is something you have to work out by yourself first and then as a couple.
Jealousy is an instinctive emotion that arises most commonly in women who do not feel sufficiently worthy to retain affection and respect purely on their own merits. It is often a lack of self-esteem that causes women to attempt to constrain the behaviour of their friends and lovers, when in fact those constraints and the emotions that they represent are far more likely to damage the relationships they are intended to protect.
Become secure yourself
it sounds like you are having a lot of issues with yourself. the best advise i can offer is try to do something about it in a positive way to change your situation. e.i. get a job, start a diet and/or exercise program and talk to your man. don't let these things make your life spiral out of control any more that you already have. take small steps if you have to, and increase your goals over time.
You sound like your self confidence needs a boost, you need to try and get yourself a job even if it's only part-time, then join a local diet club, check for something like weight-watchers in your local paper, do these two things for yourself not for anyone else, when you have gained a bit more confidence go with him when he practices and maybe join in for the excercise.





Good Luck x
self esteem would work in this matter
if the man really loves you he wont leave you. have a talk with him. ask him if he would die for you or something like that. but don't scare him with a big question or saying your pregnant so he doesn't leave you.just don't get really jealous guys hate it when you get so jealous that they cant stand it. just breathe and be normal.
Jealousy is a turn-off for men, so you have to find out why you're jealous. Jealous people are most likely insecure people. Confident people feel good enough about themselves to know that they're the only person in the relationship. Remember this: YOU'RE with him, no one else. If he didn't want to be with you, he wouldn't, but he still is, right? It's okay to be jealous sometimes, but all the time could be a self-esteem issue. You're going to have to gain some self-esteem. Curvy, thin, skinny, black, white, asian, whatever. You're beautiful the way you are, and your boyfriend can see that. After all, it isn't all about what's on the outside. Your boyfriend obviously adores you if he's been around for four years. Stop worrying that one day someone's going to take your place. He's with YOU, not the women in Squash League. Good luck!
i think you should feel proud of yourself, as you have identified a prob...and are trying to find a way round it.It is almost certain that there will be women there...you forsee this..and so have you expressed that to your bf....men appreciate a bit of jealousy...we all like to feel wanted...but jealousy can destroy the very thing that was percieved as under threat if it goes too far....l am not sure how you can change...save to say get your brain in gear prior to your mouth..and at all times think what actually 'is' my aim here...another row???? well there is enough sadness in the world without adding to it.Do you stop at home while he goes out.....bad move.....have a place to go...then you both have enriching things to talk about, and that in my view would help....as regards a job.....well they are out there..think of your transferable skills....we all have them...just we do not recognise it...for example you must have computer skills as you put this question up, you also have communication skills , as l understood your concepts right away...hope that helps...
Let him live his life in the knowledge that he does love you!





Don't worry, enjoy what you have. Most men wont cheat with another woman.
Jealousy is a killer it eats at you and you can try as hard as you like to prtend it isnt but its a very common part of woman. Im a very jealous person and i know how you must feel, but it sounds like you have a good guy, and after 4 years of being together you should be able to control it a little better. I know the first few months of me and my boyfriend going out was agonny, he went home a lot so i was left to stew. but 3 years on and i still get jealous if he talks to female friends from when he was at school, but i try and just think hes with me. I think what is really up with you is the fact you aint working and your feeling depressed. so try get yourself out there working if you can and if not why not join a sport club together. beleive me exercise makes you feel great and really boosts you self esteem. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment