Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you cope with illness?

Hey guys...I suffer from racing repetitive thoughts, a constant feeling of anxiety, very odd mood changes, serious laziness, depression etc... doctors say its just anxiety... but whatever it is it is really killing me as a functional person. I am 20, go to college and still socialize with friends, so im not ';too bad'; but i really am. When i see ';normal'; people without mental illnesses i get really down, because i wish i could live life without them as well, because they take such a toll on day to day life. i cry alot because of jealousy. what can i do about this? how should i look at life? Ive been living like this for almost 2 years... its so bad sometimes the only thing i like to do is sleep because it all goes away temporarily. I am however changing my lifestyle. i dont do drugs or drink anymore, i am starting to excersize, and i eat healthy and am trying to get a good sleep schedule down. what else should i do to cope? im currently experimenting with meds with my docs now...How do you cope with illness?
Wow, that could have been me that wrote that. nailed it symptom for symptom.. I just now said its time todo something to fix this. First. see you GP and get a complete exam WITH blood work, especially THYROID/ and HORMONES. If either of these are imbalanced you will feel like you are going insane. If all come clean. see a phychiatrist, you may need antidepressant. good to hear about the change in livestyle, alcohol is a serious bummer. you could add some exersise, a short walk at least to get out of the dark and the sunlight is amazing for what ails you.





I feel better when I go out, but I really have to force myself. Very best of luck :)How do you cope with illness?
Life is full of experimentation, changes, swings, disorders, and other things. Coping is the best thing and solving it can take many situation and events.

No comments:

Post a Comment