Wednesday, August 18, 2010

2 years old jealousy worry?

hi


im 38 weeks pregnant and already have a 2 year old boy


he is such a mummys boy and im realy worried he will be jealous of the new baby


the past week he seems interested in the bump and talks to it and also shows his lil brother his cars (even though he cant see them lol)


but im just worried about coping with him when my other son comes along as i dont want either of them to be left out.


has anyone had this experience and how did you cope


thanks in advance for any tips xx2 years old jealousy worry?
my older was about 22 months old when my second daughter was born. we had prepared her way in advance, when i was close to my due date, we kept reading little children's book regarding the subject, i'd try to involve her as much as possible in the preparations, ie, picking out hospital clothes for her little sister, etc... when the second was born, my first was really curious... she's go and hit her and even pull her hair just to see how the little one reacted..! we had to keep a very close eye! also i tried to spend as much time with her as possible, this wasn't too hard, cause my mom was staying with us for the first 4 weeks, so she could sort of take care of the baby... my older didn't really care about her little sister... she wasn't very interested, she just wanted to make sure i was hers! now that the little one is 6 months old, they just adore each other and it's very cute... but even now, every once in a while, my older becomes extremey jealous, she has nothing against her sister, she fights for me!


involve your son in the baby stuff... once the baby is here, don't ask him to love his little brother... it'll come naturally to him... spend as much time as possible with your older... make him understand that you both have a responsibility of taking care of the little one cause when he was a baby, you did all of these for him too... give him a sense of ownership over the baby... YOUR baby, YOUR brother... etc...


ask him to be your big helper and once the baby gets a little older, let him know how much he's loved by his little brother, like how he only smiles at his older brother and how he is always following his older brother with his eyes... etc... your older needs to know that the little one looks up to him and that it's him who is going to teach him all the plays etc.


don't forget to take a nice gift to you to the hospital, then when he comes to visit the baby, or when the baby comes home, the baby will give him the gift...





best of luck.. the first couple of weeks might be difficult but hang in there, it will get much better once the little one is old enough to smile back!2 years old jealousy worry?
I have 3 kids and just had my son a month ago and my 2 girls were jealous a little but I just had them help me out with him by throwing away his diapers and handing me things i need and so on. Just try to let him help as much as possible and since your baby will sleep alot you can spend one on one time with him when the baby is sleeping.
My oldest daughter was almost two when I had my second... what I did was spent as much time with her as possible. I would also invite her to participate by choosing an outfit or or giving me the towel when I was taking the baby out of the shower. 3 years later they are inseparable. they have so much for each other, they say they are best friends... it would all work


Good Luck!
my youngest was born july 2008 my oldest turned two six days later. i was worried about jealousy but we didn't have that problem. my daughter is a mommy's girl. i just make sure i include her a lot. when i'm exhausted i ask my in laws to take my 2 year old for awhile. that doesn't happen often but when she is gone she doesn't feel bad they take her to chuck e cheese or the park.
My cousin had a baby back in September and they just made their 3 year old think he was a big part of helping with the baby. They had people when talking to the 3 year old refer to the baby as his so he always felt included when people came over to see the baby.
  • natural hair
  • imitation necklace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment