Wednesday, August 11, 2010

How do I cope with my jealousy?

My girlfriend and I love each other very much but I tend to get jealous over the stupidest things. It irritates me when she makes comments on other guys by saying something like ';he's hot.'; It also bothers me when she says '; i love you'; to other guys even though I know she doesn't mean it in a romantic way. It really takes a toll on my confidence. I feel as if she is going to leave me for some guy she considers hot.How do I cope with my jealousy?
Plain and simple. Tell her what you just wrote. Be honest with yourself. Are you HURT or Jealous? If she loves you ';very much'; as you say, and cares about your feelings, then she'll stop ';saying'; those things about other guys. It's called R E S P E C T. I don't think it's okay either. Ask her how she would feel if you started doing the same thing. Would she feel the same as you? Even if she says it wouldn't bother her, then that should tell you something about how ';SPECIAL'; she sees your relationship. OR how she does NOT see it as special. She's probably trying to say it's all in fun, but not when it makes you feel that way. Don't let her put it all on you and make you feel like the untrusting, jealous boyfriend while she gets her ';jollys'; flirting for fun. It's all about R E S P E C THow do I cope with my jealousy?
You are making YOURSELF jealous. Get over it. She is with YOU, not with the guy she is commenting on. It is perfectly natural to find someone other than your partner attractive. My partner is the same way. I encourage it, because I want my partner to be open to me. I also feel that the more forbidden I make it seem to comment or flirt with other girls, the more they are going to let their imagination ride to an ';affair';. Its not big deal...TRUST ME!
Jealousy exists if there's no respect and trust . Love alone can not sustain a relationship. Talk it out with her.
talk with your gf and if she doesn't respect your feelings then she doen't love you--so then you move on cuz that isn't love. Also what the h*** is she saying ';i love u'; to other men..theres something going on when she does stuff like that i would re-check the love stuff... i think she could be cheating or may want to cheat
She's with you, not with them. Don't sweat the small stuff.
Remember: Jealousy is a wasted emotion. She doesn't feel it when you get angry and you don't get any happier by chasing her away with your childish behavior. You aren't going to make her act any more lovingly by displaying your insecurity, so why waste the time you have together being unhappy? If you tell her that you care for her, but her public displays of affection for other guys bothers you, that's all you can do. Once said, you have the choice the next time of walking away and ending the relationship, or sticking around and feeling bad...but getting over it will allow you to enjoy what you have before it's gone. Remember: nothing lasts forever. One day you'll look back and think of how silly you were...
You need to find out why you are so insecure in the first place. And you are taking step one here and now. Did you get enough praise as a child? Did you feel needed growing up? Do you truly believe your girlfriend when she says'; I Love You';?


On the flip side I can tell you as a woman with a jealous husband, it can get old really quick. For many reasons women look to men for strength and jealousy isn't a sign of that. If you really love this girl and yourself, take the time to figure out the ';whys'; in your situation. You deserve to know. Your're worth it.
Well I guess you would know her better then anyone else and trust is all it takes in your situation.If we haven't got trust in our relationship then we really don't have much.If i were you I would just tell her it bothers me when she says other guys are Hot and she will more then likely understand,but when people are in a relationship there has to be trust on both sides for it to last in a healthy way,I really hope you can talk to each other also.good luck
memorize I CORINTHIANS 13:4-8


meditate on it especially verse 7
You need to talk to her about this. She seems a little bit tacky and inconsiderate, in my opinion.





Hopefully, she'll regard your feelings, and if not, I don't know what to say.
You need to talk to your girl and tell her what you are feeling when she says this to other guys--if she loves you she will stop--just don't make it seem like she has to do it but like she wants to do it for you.


Stop getting so jealous all the time. If she leaves you for someone else, you were never meant to be together in the first place--people who love you don't cheat on you--PERIOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment