Monday, August 16, 2010

How can I cope with these feelings of jealousy, depression, ';not-good-enough'; for her in relation to her ex

So I've recently come in contact with this girl who I have found to be amazing. She is intelligent, beautiful, funny, etc.. I've really really begun to like her; however, she has a lot of past baggage (quite a few ex boyfriends) which is bothering me. The worst part about this situation is that her most recent ex boyfriend is seriously one of the coolest guys I've ever met and I honestly feel as if I can't compare with him. This guy is incredibly popular, funny, smart, handsome, etc.





I've only known this girl for about month now. I had heard from her friends that she had really wanted to go to prom with me..I barely knew her but I had always thought she was very beautiful. Anyways, I was in the process of asking someone else but I've decided to w/ her.. Things were going alright but this whole ex-boyfriend(s) situation has really gotten the best of me. I feel like I'm now too nervous to be myself around her..I feel like I'm not good enough and she still likes this guy.How can I cope with these feelings of jealousy, depression, ';not-good-enough'; for her in relation to her ex
No matter how much you feel you can't ';measure up'; to an ex, it is important to remember there is a reason she is not with him anymore.





Girls tend to be comfortable talking about their exes not because they miss them, but because they know they're history, and they're part of the past. Chances are, she would never dream that her past relationships would get to you, especially since she clearly chose you over any other guy.





Obviously there's something about you that she likes, so just be yourself around her.How can I cope with these feelings of jealousy, depression, ';not-good-enough'; for her in relation to her ex
Hi, I'm a girl.. but I just read your question and I felt very touchy because I've been gone through like that before.


I definitely know what you mean there. Feelings of jealousy.. depression and some low selfesteem..


But, Try to think about the good times you've spent with her.. like when you are with her. Does she treat you good? Do you feel happy the way she is to you? I am sure you two have some amazing memories too. Think about them.. then it will make you much better and happy.. that you know she's there for you, regardless of her ex-bf, even anybody else.


I think that thinking about Positive effects, feelings are one of the most important thing in a relationship. If you keep worry and being frustrated, it won't keep the relationship strong. It is a hard emotional thing to control, but if you really like her and care about her, you know that you want to be with her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment