Wednesday, August 11, 2010

How can I cope with my jealousy?

I really like drawing, and have been drawing for a long time. Well, when I find someone who draws better than I do I feel as if my work is no good compared to theirs. I feel pretty upset, and I feel bad for about a week until I forget about them. Even if I try to draw something really really good, it always turns out really bad compared to theirs.How can I cope with my jealousy?
My girlfriend once said that her mother used to say, ';There will always be someone better looking than you, richer than you, smarter than you, etc.; and there will always be someone not as good looking, not as rich, not as smart, etc. etc. - and there is no point even thinking about what other people have or do.';





You're probably young, and your interest in drawing my be interest (rather than passion); but true artists pay no attention to what other people create, because they are ';all involved'; only in their own creations.





When you start to feel competitive toward anyone's work other than your own (';competing'; with your own ';record'; in terms of quality), maybe it would help to ask yourself, ';Do I want to be a true artist, or do I want to cheapen my own work by turning into nothing more than a competition with someone else?';





No matter what the art is, there is always room ';at the top'; for any number of great artists. What made Mozart great did not take away from what made Tchaikovsky great.How can I cope with my jealousy?
there is always someone who you may think does better than you do, no matter what it is. it is hard to accept the fact that god gave all of us some talent. just do what you do and remember god is in charge of your life--not you, although you may think so at times from your decisions. just try to be happy with what you were given. i know what you mean. art was in my life at one time too.
  • Mistral Consultoria em Marketing Ltd
  • myspace pics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment