Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What is the best way to cope with my jealousy?

I've never had a girlfriend or been on a date (I'm 25). I have two roomates, one 22 and one 18, who've both been on many dates (They're normal people). I always get jealous whenever they bring a girl to the house. One roomate has a sister I thought was cool, but she only ever talks to the other roomate. I really follow them around (non-chalantly) and overhear their conversations. I like non-chalantly ask people what they're doing, where they went, where they're going, etc. I do so in a manner that is very hidden, but I also do this when it involves others, sometimes not of this house. What can I do to settle with being a loser and just drop (forget) how great and happy other people's lives are? It gets so exhausting bending over backwards trying to find out about other people's lives, out of envy. I do so because- even though I hate to hear about it all, it's even worse not knowing and leaving things up to my own pessimistic imagination. I've tried to kill myself, but I'm too cowardly.What is the best way to cope with my jealousy?
First off, you need to find a good counciler in your area. The thought of anyone trying to kill themselves is not acceptable. The suicide rate is high and it's from things like this that make it the only escape.


Then, I strongly suggest you find yourself a theater in which to grow and develope your own set of friends and maybe just maybe a great personality. They say getting on stage is one of the many benefits of learning who you are and what you are all about.


Once you stop being needy, people will be more open to your wanting to sit and talk and asking questions.


Theater will help with that believe me. You can't be needy and work with theater people, you and they all have jobs to do and a performance is the most important thing. Before long you will realize how important everything you do in your life is. How important your job is. And believe it or not, how important you are to yourself. It can also make you aware of how important you are to the rest of the cast and that in turn will make you a social butterfly. Take a theater class, join a theater group at your local college or if you are fortunate enough to have one in your town, try out for a part....the sky's the limit.


Don't worry about where you have been, only hope for great things for where you are headed.What is the best way to cope with my jealousy?
Cmon man, I'm sure you ain't that bad, have some confidence in yourself.
Turn gay, maybe a homo will think you're cute!
Ask your roomate if she has any ugly friends that will like you. Ugly is better than nothing I guess??? I am serious. They are probably lonely like you also.
WOW! Get out more...PLEASE! I think your bored with your life. And I am sorry you go through that but get involved in something.
dont take me in the wrong way but u sound pathetic. y dont talk abt ur problem with ur close frinds or a professional doctor. may be he could help u to over come ur problems/fears.
Maybe you should stop ******* stalking them, pervert.
Quit calling yourself a loser. You have problems being social in a ';normal'; way and it's affecting your self-esteem. I am going to be very broad on this because I have seen the effects on both my preschool son and my brother in law. My brother in law was my first view into this sort of thing...he had never had a girlfriend was a virgin and had a hard time just relating to me and talking. He always reverts back to what he knows and since he is in a band, that's about it and he could care less how the world around him was feeling. He has needs and they aren't being met by those around him to even allow him to be comfortable enough to stop thinking about himself. He is almost 40 and nothing has changed. My second view is my preschool son...I never thought much about him being different but unique since he is lovable and quite intelligent but I enrolled him in daycare when he was 2 1/2 and since found out he has social development delays and sensory integration dysfunction. He doesn't understand how to interact with his peers because he is still trying to fit into the world and be comfortable...the same way his uncle tries. My husband and his other brother both suffer from social anxiety but have found a way to deal with it...my husband has done a lot of self help tapes and my more social brother in law takes meds. None of these men or my son are freaks or losers but just trying to get by in a complex world. My son scores high academically, my husband has a bachelor's degree and a wife, my more social brother in law has a secure tractor business and a wife and my less social brother in law teaches children how to play drums. We all have our ';things'; and no matter what they are they don't make us losers.





You have options...self-help tapes and books, medications and therapy (you aren't responsible for your past but your future and therapy is all about uncovering the past to make a better future). I wish you lots of luck in finding your solution but please don't discount yourself...you are a human being worthy of love and respect and you just have to do a little fine tuning to get there and it can be done.





Lots of love from one human to another. Take care of yourself鈥uicide doesn鈥檛 fix anything.
You should find a hobby. Whether it be writing, drawing, reading, bike riding, or anything else. Find something that you are good at and enjoy. Then occupy yourself with it. Occupy yourself to where you truly find out all there is to know about it. Make it something you are good at so that you can be proud of yourself. It sounds as if you lack self esteem. Look around your community to see what activities you can volunteer your time with. There are always programs that are looking for volunteers. You can help build your self esteem by helping others.
You know what. First of all you have to change your attitude. How do expect to be happy if you don't try to be? Get out just walk around and say hello to people. You don't know them so it doesn't even matter what they say back. Have you tried looking for a girlfriend? This is America, there are millions of girls here. Many of them are single just like you and they could be waiting at the park for you to pass by and just say hello. That's the best pick-up line in the world. ';Hello'; It works like a charm time and time again. I can't teach you etiqutte but I'm assuming you know how to conduct yourself. So just practice. Don't worry about getting into a deep relationship at first. Mess around, you have my permission to flirt. Be promiscuous. Do you get the idea. Just go out there and get those ladies. Don't be afraid of older women either. Your in the prime of your life. Make sure you don't live to regret it.
Hello, I've been in the same situation many times. I use to find myself being jealous of others happiness. It truly is exhausting, and quite painful. You need to find something that makes you happy. I picked up babysitting lots even if I wasn't being paid that's where I found my happiness. It made me feel like I was important to someone. I stopped being so negative and jealous towards the people I envied and just began to search for what made me happy, even if it was something as little as babysitting. If you have a hobbie or talent that you're good at then put more time into that, If not then pick up a new one. Find something that you're best at. It helps the self confidence. It'll all get better for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment