Monday, August 16, 2010

How can I stop the jealousy?

Im very jealous of one of my best friend. She has everything. Looks, money, friends, popularity, great parents. What ever she wants, she gets it. But she not does type of stuck up girls, she's very down to earth and has a very kind soul.





Having her as a best friend is great but I get very jealous by her every time I hang out with her! She doesn't rub it in my face but, being with her you can tell how lucky she is.





I really love her but sometimes I just feel so sad around her. I get so jealous that I feel that I shouldn't be best friends with her anymore. How can I cope with the jealousy and just hang out with her without wanting to scream at her for having such a lucky life.





I'm not being evil or like stabbing her in the back and I really want to stay best friends with her. Can someone please tell me how to drive this jealousy monster away?How can I stop the jealousy?
I like MR Doyle's comment on this but I wanted to add something on the other side of the fence. Psychology suggests that if you are jealous of someone chances are that there could be self esteem issues. I'm not trying to be mean or rude so please don't take it that way. I had to go through 2 years of counseling to boost my self esteem. If you feel good about who you are and believe that you have given life all you got and this is where you are and you are happy with yourself I think jealousy will fade away.How can I stop the jealousy?
You are not being a good friend.I don't want to sound rude but its the truth.If she can be that nice to you.You should be nice to her too.Try and working got riches.
count your blessings.
hey.


did you know that


i grew up without my parents?


sometimes i get jealous of some of my classmates


because when they need them,


they immediately come to school.





but the thing is, why i am telling this to you,


yea i don't have my parents here but


i have my grandmas, aunts, and true friends,


which i couldn't find anywhere and


exchange to materials things.


well, i just feel that i am the luckiest person.





your problem is.. you count others blessings,


count yours. be bless that you have a friend like


her and be a blessing too to others.
listen my friend,, wenever u r with her or not with her, think abt urself only, if she has everything as u say even u must be having something special in you,, try to find those things out where u r better than her, i m sure there must be some things in you which she cant have even if she wants,,this will give you a feeling of satisfaction, wherever she is short of something which you have,, you got to mention tht in an indirect way to her (not aggressively),, make her feel tht u r different i m sure u r, if you have put this question here u defintely are different, generally females keep on getting jealous and never mention it





Crux of the matter is that dont meausre greatness of a person with physical belongings she has tht doesnt make her great, i m sure u r no less than her, this competitive feeling is bound to exist wen 2 males or females become best friends, do not think so much u r made in different way trust me u r, do not grow jealousy in you this is the worst feeling a person can have





may god bless
This is a really tough question. You have to remember that you are the person being jealous, and the only one who can change that is you. Instead of being jealous of her, why not try being happy for her? Also, there's no reason why you can't have all the things that you're jealous of. Instead of saying ';She's so lucky,'; say ';I'm gonna work toward achieving that.';





It's tough to control something that you feel. You're not making yourself feel jealous, it's just happening. Being aware of something is the first step towards correcting it. If you don't like being jealous of her, then each time you feel that jealousy start to rise up, tell yourself that there's nothing to be jealous of. She's your friend, she's doing well for herself, and you're happy for her.





Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment