Wednesday, August 11, 2010

How can I cope with the jealousy of being the youngest child and cousin of a crazy activity freak?

Here's the deal: I have one nineteen year old sister and one sixteen year old brother. I'm thirteen. They both sing, my brother plays guitar, they both act and are beyond talented, and I love them very much. But I can just never get rid of the green eyed monster inside me. I've learned to deal with the fact that I'm younger than them and don't sing as well or act as well because of that. But, I can't help but get jealous over pretty much nothing. For example, it always seems as though my grandma is trying to point out my flaws: I'm breaking out, I'm not in as many activities as my cousin who does basketball and tae kwon do and soccer, I've gained weight. Also, my sister and I both know this, my mother treats our brother like the golden child. If he asks her to get him and me a drink, she'll get him one and not me. If he's tired at our aunt and uncle's house, she'll offer for him to sleep in the bed and forget that I'm half asleep. I don't want to be a bad sister.What do I do?How can I cope with the jealousy of being the youngest child and cousin of a crazy activity freak?
I hate to be so negative, but..theres probably not much you can do.You cant change people(usually)Maybe if your brother realizes how you are being treated, he could help if he's around and experiences it. Dont be jealous, try to be supportive. Do they rub it in your face that you';arent as good as them';?How can I cope with the jealousy of being the youngest child and cousin of a crazy activity freak?
I can understand what its like. I grew up feeling pretty much like how u do. My cousins and I were in the same class and they were top students and every relatives pets. I was the ugly one whom nobody liked. But now that I've got my own life with a wonderful husband and a successful career, I'm proud of myself. Basically what I'm trying to say is that situations change and how you feel now is only temporary. Instead of trying to compete in their arena why not look into your own talents. Maybe you're not musically inclined like your siblings but I'm very sure you have some other hidden talent. Try to find what it is and work on it. Wish you all the best.
Dear, who said u that ur bad. in ur case u dont want to be bad it indicates that only a good person wants to remove bad things from her/his soul.


now answer to ur Q.i think u r Indian may be, we all have this type of problem, a boy whether he is a yongest child or not he is given more preference,


any way answer is too long in short i m writing u, pl try this coz i was having the same situation, its not neccesary that everyone should be concerned in some activity as everybody is not same like our 5 fingures, dont look what they are doing just concentrate what u want to do?


i mean if u like %26amp; if u have interest in some other subject like painting, cooking or any of ur chice try to improve in that subject.


%26amp; about jealosy, u have solve ur problem ur self, although when ever u feel jealous remember one thing that i want to be a good sister %26amp; i will also achive a good success in my life in any subject. i also had bad points like u but i think positive %26amp; u should know one thing that every one has been give a good power to do a good thing by God, but u just have to find that power ( plus point), In short be good, be positive %26amp; try to improve ur self only, dont see what others do, u should know what u want to do.


bye honey.


best of luck. ur a good girl!


dont take so much tantion

No comments:

Post a Comment