Wednesday, August 11, 2010

How can I cope with jealousy and turn it positive?

There's a woman who is very special to me. Every time I discover she's spending time with someone else I get very jealous. What are the ways to cope with jealousy and to make it into something positive? The feeling is absolutely terrible and acute, and doesn't last very long. I am finding I can just rationalize the situation and feel better, but it's so energy consuming to have to do that so often. Is there some preventative measure, and some positive expression for this tricky emotion?How can I cope with jealousy and turn it positive?
If the woman is that special to you, let her know. Either you will form a committed relationship or you will not. If you do - good. If you don't - move on. Either way, the jealousy will disappear.How can I cope with jealousy and turn it positive?
Realize that your jealousy is not fair. If you want what those other people have, it's not fair for you to be mad and jealous towards them for having it. Not to mention, the woman probably does not want to spend her time with someone who is jealous of her other friends! The best things you can do is try to talk to the people she's spending her time with. Chances are, you'll find out they're great people, and being friends with both her and those other guys opens up a lot of doors for you to get to know her better!
Most jealous people are insecure - especially when it comes to their partners. It's like constantly asking yourself: Am I good enough for her, if she meets a better person than me, will she leave me? - So jealousy is also a fear of losing your partner.


Well, let me tell you: there will always be someone better. The reason she has chosen you as a friend or partner is because she likes or loves you, regardless of your possible short-comings.


If you are excessively jealous you will eventually drive her away.





One method to help you to solve your problem is EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). It's in plain English, easy to do and has a high success rate.


To learn the technique, go to:





http://www.personal-development-course.c鈥?/a>





Your EFT set-up should be something like:


Even though I have this problem of jealousy.......


(It'll make sense to you when you read the set-up page)





There is also a very good book called


'Love Is Letting Go Of Fear' by Gerald G. Jampolsky, M.D.


Celestial Arts, P.O.Box 7327, Berkeley, California 94707


ISBN 0-89087-246-5





I read it about 15 years ago. Hopefully it is still available.
Is this an SAT question or something. I find it surprising how people ask emotional questions on yahoo answers.... are you that screwed up?





Either way, I would say that in the past I've just looked at things in the big picture and evaluated it. I usually realize that it's not that important and just go and do something else.
when you think about the person think of things you have that they don't. just think of great qualities of yourself and you'll feel much better.
Worry about yourself.
It's normal to feel the way you do when someone special is giving her attention to someone else. But jealousy is a negative emotion that drains the body and the spirit, as you've discovered. And it can also drive away the very person you're trying to hold onto. If she is as special as you say, and you're in a committed relationship, you have to trust her. I'm not sure what you mean by ';spending time with someone else';. If she has other guys who are just friends, I wouldn't worry too much. But if you feel she is cheating on you, that's another matter. If that's the case, then trying to hang on to her is a big mistake. Only you can know the quality of your relationship, and act accordingly. Lots of women and men, too, have platonic relationships with members of the opposite sex. I have male friends I've known since childhood, and they are like brothers. There is no romantic interest whatsoever, but I enjoy their company. That may be the case with your lady friend. So give her the benefit of a doubt, and if you feel comfortable talking to her about it, by all means do so. Just don't let that green-eyed monster make mincemeat out of your relationship if it's uncalled for. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment