Monday, August 16, 2010

Anyone have kids around 18 months or so apart?

I'm pregnant with my second baby who will be born when my son is 19 months old. I'm a stay at home mom and my son is such a momma's boy! He plays by himself sometimes, but I'm usually in the room or just sitting there playing with him. So my question is, how did your child react to the new baby? How were they when you were in the hospital for a couple of days? And when did they ';forget'; about a time when the baby wasn't there and get used to it. How did you cope with jealousy? I'm also planning on nursing and I know how demanding it is with a newborn so how can I include my son in things? And any tips other tips would be great!Anyone have kids around 18 months or so apart?
My children are 18 months apart! (2 year old boy, nearly 2 month old girl)


I was worried about how he'd react so we read him all these childrens books about mums that had babies and what happeneds to mummys after they have a bump for 9 months to try and prepare him. I made him feel important telling him about being a big brother and how exciting it will be for him to have a younger sister.


He took to it well and luckily didn't 'act out' or anything like that, which was a relief on my part!


One thing he did do was when I was breastfeeding my daughter, he'd come over and ask for some too, every single time, I didn't want him to feel rejected so almost gave into him latching on too, but some helpful mums on Y!A told me to bring out a 'special toy' to distract him every time I breastfed my baby, worked like a charm!


A cute thing he did a week back was we were all in the garden with my month old in her baby rocking thing, when she started crying, then my 2 year old ran over to her and stroked her head and was kissing her hand saying '; s'okay oobe, s'okay';


'oobe' is my sons pronounciation of Ruby :)Anyone have kids around 18 months or so apart?
I've got 4 kids aged 5, 4, 2 and 8 months. My first 2 were 18 months apart and jealousy was definitely an issue. My oldest loved the idea of a baby brother but when it was time for me to nurse him she was very upset. She even tried to hit him while I was feeding him. After the first week I had the hang of setting her up with a special snack and favorite toy or TV show before I sat down to feed him. It helped alot. The jealousy didn't last long, as soon as he was a couple months old and more interactive she enjoyed him more and was a great big sister. Having little ';jobs'; for her to do made her happy too. It will really make it easier if you have helpers around to spend time with your son and hold baby so you can spend special time with him too.


Good luck!
  • Mistral Consultoria em Marketing Ltd
  • myspace pics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment