Monday, August 16, 2010

Why does it seem the only way to cope with emotions is to cause physical harm to myself?

I feel emotions I don't want. They cause thoughts and arguments in my head that give way to headaches and migrains so bad, I get nose bleeds. Like feeling something for someone I KNOW better than to waste my life feeling these things towards. I get slammed with jealousy, protectiveness and a series of other feelings I should have so much more control over. My mind is supposed to be mine and mine alone but it feels like I am fighting myself constantly. But when I make that cut and feel that pain, they seem to fade away, if not just for a short time. How can one regain control over these emotions and feelings and with rational and inteligent thought, meditation or whatever, get these sensations and feelings sent away?Why does it seem the only way to cope with emotions is to cause physical harm to myself?
I'm sorry to hear that... we all have moments when we feel like the whole world is closing in on us. Life. No one said it would be easy that's for sure.





This probably doesn't seem like a good suggestion, but try seeking help from counseling or a doctor, maybe? Just speak to someone, get it out there. Often times, it's a much cathartic experience to know you've been heard.





You've mentioned that you'd always had a control over your emotions... which probably explains the reason why you constantly cut yourself - to contain it (emotion) %26amp; therefore having felt you have ';control'; over your situation.





Which is not true and obviously it's not working because you mentioned you're still at odds with yourself. Confide to a friend/ family member, etc.





Have faith that whatever it is that keeps you down will soon change for the better.





Hope this helped.Why does it seem the only way to cope with emotions is to cause physical harm to myself?
Seriously, medication might work. Find a psychologist. I use to hit my head~~~~it's not good. I am better now, not on meds anymore, but it takes some time to learn control your overwhelming feelings.
Get professional help. It sounds like there are a lot deeper issues going on. You need to get to the root of it all to be able to control those feeling.
Your first answer is correct. There is help for that. Self inflicted pain. You are not to blame it is a disease like all others and you can not change how you feel. but counseling and sometimes medications can alleviate it totally. Believe me its worth it and so are you. Here is a really good site to understand more it's really very complicated and many categories and even after reading I recommend you see someone there is help and feel free to chat anytime I have been through a lot suffered depression child abuse and have come out of a great deal chat anytime good luck hun.
Alot of people have given you nice ';feelgood, huggy'; answers.





This is not one of them. Brace yourself.





You are a man. Act like one. Everybody feels pain, everybody has emotions and baggage they don't want. You don't need a hug, you don't need sympathy you need to dig down and help yourself so others don't have to.





Man-up suck it up and drive on.
i also think professional help might be the best... therapy or medication could help
bad chemicals could be causing your bad thoughts....see a mental health professional
It's the same with me, I'm not sure why , I also don't understand why people just can't understand how it feels
I don't mean to be rude, but, if you are hearing voices in your head you need help. Having emotions like those is not normal.


You should really get off the pc and go talk to a professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment