Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Coping with Jealousy..HELP!!?

I never was a jealous person, and for the first real time in my life (late 20's), I'm feeling jealousy. I get jealous of people with real careers (I choose a major in college that was useless) and struggle financially now. I'm jealous of girls in relationships..it seems like all girls want to talk about is their boyfriend this, fiance that, hubby...I'm attractive, nice, and like never get asked out. Maybe once a year! I want to travel more, but dont really have the means, plus no one to go with and as a single female not safe either. I was the kind of girl that put her girls first over a boy, yet my girls choose the guys and I'm now friendless, too=( This may sound arrogant, but I am considered an attractive girl and girls growing up usually were mean to mean (I guess jealousy) and I used to think how lame jealous people were, and now I'm a jealous person. This is a new feeling and I honestly dont know how to cope. Anybody have advice...I really need some!Coping with Jealousy..HELP!!?
Me too! I'm in my mid 20s and I've never felt jealous in my life before either, mainly for the same reasons you've gone through. I've been working my butt off studying during grad school thinking this is what I wanted (I still do) but a lot of my friends have seemed to already move on with their lives to the point where I eventually want to be. It's just seeing it all happen for them while my own relationship is falling apart while I have no money and crazy issues in life....yes, it is frustrating! But realize one thing, that it's perfectly normal to feel jealous. Jealousy is a part of life, but the thing that matters most about it is how you react to it. If you feel jealous and try to be the better person for it, eventually you will find your own success in due time. But if you let it get the best of you, well, you end up making life harder. Keep a positive attitude, I guess success does not come quickly for all of us!Coping with Jealousy..HELP!!?
Angel You made some bad choices, and now your paying, Bad choice in college major, try taking a few classes that will get you back on track. I'm attractive, nice, and like never get asked out. sounds like you have the qualities, could it be that you lost self confidence and somewhat push guys away. I was the kind of girl that put her girls first over a boy. Ok another mistake.unless your going to marry a female. Your in your late twenties. so stop, look and listen. It's not to late. Appears you know what mistakes you made so throw in the towel and pick up the pieces and start over,. The past is over and done with in the next 4 or 5 years you can be well on your way. Mid 30's you can still make it. if you give up and do nothing you'll be mid 30's and still feeding the crap. So scream, cry, kick your self whatever it takes but reroute your life.get off the dead end

No comments:

Post a Comment